Social media is a trend you cannot afford to ignore in your business. When starting to use this avenue of media, it can be a daunting task. Below is a checklist of to-do’s when starting your social media marketing.
Whether you personally do this or someone in your office does, a basic social media start-up checklist should look like this:
- Go to www.google.com and search for your firm. Witness the results and commit to improving your online presence.
- Establish a custom (not template) website. Delete website pieces your clients don’t care about, such as financial calculators and stock market tickers. Focus your website on a personal bio/story, upcoming events, pictures of clients and staff, along with success stories on how you’ve helped other retirees.
- Establish and maintain a Facebook profile—www.facebook.com.
- Establish and maintain a LinkedIn profile—www.linkedin.com.
- Establish and maintain a Twitter account—www.twitter.com.
- At every chance, ensure your website and social media profiles are easily accessible. Update your profile with relevant and credible information that is useful to your target market.