The National Retirement Risk Index (NRRI) measures the percentage of working-age households that are at risk of being unable to maintain their pre-retirement standard of living in retirement.
It addresses one of the most compelling challenges facing the nation today – ensuring retirement security for an aging population.
Key findings in the NRRI show that:
• The retirement landscape is shifting dramatically, making the outlook for retiring Baby Boomers and Generation Xers far less sanguine than for current retirees.
• 51 percent of households are “at risk” of not having enough to maintain their living standards in retirement.
• Explicitly including health care in the Index drives up the share of households “at risk” to 61 percent.
• Incorporating long-term care costs further increases the Index to 65 percent.
• Saving more and working longer may substantially improve the outlook.
A full report, along with Issues in Brief and other useful resources, can be accessed through the links below. Remember, your clients need you now more than ever before!!