Today I’ll share what Jason L. from Pennsylvania did to fill his calendar until the end of the year. He didn’t have time to schedule additional workshops and his calendar was looking too sparse. So what did he do?
- Step 1: Study the Security Benefit TVA, specifically the ALTVI index (and the alternative investment components of it)
- Step 2: Call one of his workshop locations (he used a country club) and reserve a room in 2 weeks, with light food & drinks (he paid $12 per person)
- Step 3: Assemble a list of clients to call who don’t have any exposure to alternative investments in their portfolio
- Step 4: Create a script to call the clients with; which sounded something like this:
With the election behind us, we all have a much clearer path on how to structure our investment plans. It’s safe to say the commodity, bond and stock markets were focused on the 2012 elections for a long time. This isn’t a political statement, but nearly every expert now agrees that with the “fiscal cliff” coming quickly, a true recession is on the horizon. The US debt is growing at record rates, taxes are going up and the Federal Reserve just prints more and more money everyday.
Why am I telling you all this? It’s because we’ve scheduled a get-together for our clients, for you, on ___________ at __________ and I wanted to call and personally invite you.
At the meeting we’re covering what alternatives you have for the next 2, 3 and 4 years to not be caught off guard and not be part of what looks like a financial disaster coming. We believe part of the solution is to quit relying just on how the stock markets will perform and to take a strong look at alternative investments; things that aren’t correlated to whether the stock markets go up or down. Would you agree? Again, I thought about you specifically when we put this together and want you to be there. Can I count on you make it?
We’ve saved just a couple spots for friends and you’re welcome to bring a guest if you’d like. (Wait for response). I’ll see you then!
- Step 5: He ordered as many “A Company You Can Trust” Security Benefit brochures as needed.
- Step 6: His staff mailed a confirmation letter to the guests who RSVP’d, with very little language about the topic. It was much simpler – date, time, place and letting them know food was ordered for them.
- Step 7: His staff mailed their “Shock n Awe” marketing kits to the 12 referral guests who’d be attending before the event
- Step 8: Prepare the presentation that basically flowed like:
171 people in attendance, 110 households, 45 appointments set and a calendar full until the end of the year! He’s only held a couple appointments and is already looking at over $600k in closing appointments into TVA.
All that with $0 invitation money spent and only $2000 in total costs (food)!!!
This should give you everything to copy this idea and do it yourself! It’s laid out for you. But if I can do anything else to help implement it, contact me.
Advise with passion & fill those calendars!